NDMA-IGNOU Pilot Project
Status Note on IGNOU Pilot Project
Pilot Project on “Capacity Building in Disaster Management for Government Officials and Representatives of Panchayati Raj Institutions and Urban Local Bodies at District Level in the areas of disaster prevention, preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery" is the joint effort of IGNOU and NDMA .
This Pilot Project is being undertaken in five districts of 11 States identified on the basis of their vulnerability to various natural and manmade hazards.
The identified States and Districts are:
- Andhra Pradesh – Ananthapur, Mahbubnagar, Srikakulam, Nellore, Prakasham.
- Assam- Dhemaji, Lakhimpur, Barpeta, Dhubri, Cachar.
- Bihar – Sitamarhi, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Supaul, Madhepura.
- Haryana – Gurgaon, Panipat, Ambala, Yamuna Nagar, Rohtak.
- Himachal Pradesh – Kullu, Kinnaur, Chamba, Kangra, Manali.
- Kerala - Idukki, Wayanad, Malappuram, Ernakulam and Palakkad
- Maharashtra- Nasik, Raigarh, Thane, Pune, Satara.
- Orissa – Ganjam, Bhadrak, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapara, Balasore.
- Tripura – North Tripura, South Tripura, East Tripura (Dhalai), West Tripura.
- Uttarakhand - Bageshwar, Pithoragarh, Rudraprayag, Chamoli, Uttarkashi.
- West Bengal – Bankura, South Dinajpur, Murshidabad, Burdwan, Purba Medinipur.
Under this ambitious Project, 11 Pilot Face to Face Training Programmes (FFTPs) in State ATIs and 440 FFTPs in IGNOU study centres of the selected districts (8 in each district) shall be organized. In each district 300 people shall be trained under the Project out of which 75 will be Government officials and 225 will be the representatives of PRIs/ULBs. Thus, in all, 16,200 Government officials and representatives of PRIs/ULBs shall be trained in Disaster Management under this project.
Five books have been published by IGNOU for reference purposes:
Total estimated cost of the project is Rs.2,17,90,500/-.
- Last Updated on Friday, 02 May 2014 15:47