Communication & IT Sub- Division
The Comn & IT sub-division is responsible for provisioning of State-of-the-art multi-redundancy communication, IT Support and Knowledge Management. Following Projects have been conceived by the Sub Div.
- NDMS Pilot Project: NDMA has implemented a pilot project to create a satellite based National Management Communication Network covering the following locations:-
- National Level - 03 (MHA, NDMA & NDRF HQ)
- States/UTs - 36 (All State Capitals and / UT Administration HQs)
- Selected Vulnerable Districts - 81 Nos
- Common Alerting Protocol (Pilot) Project: The pilot project is being implemented in Tamil Nadu. It would facilitate dissemination of location based targetted alerts/ warnings through SMS in vernacular language. A proof of Concept for Cell Broadcast would also be carried out. This project is being implemented through DoT and C-DOT. The Project has been completed on 31 Oct 2020.
- Capacity Building of EOCs: The project aims at Capacity Building of Emergency Operation centers (EOCs) of the states by providing them one time financial assistance for procurement of equipment and training. Funds have been transferred to States on 28 Nov 2019 for implementation of Project. The Project is likely to be completed by 31 March 2021.
- Emergency Response Mobile Vehicle (ERMV): The project envisages design and development of self-sustained vehicles equipped with communication equipment. These vehicles can be deployed quickly at the disaster sites to facilitate communication with the first responders from the disaster sites. The Project is being executed by NDRF. The Project is likely to be completed by 31 March 2021.
- Web Based Training: The project aims at enhancing capacity building in disaster management through web based training modules and courses. Jawahar Lal Nehru University, New Delhi and Odisha State Open University are executing this Project. The Project is likely to be completed by 31 Dec 2020